Latest Event Updates
It is a very difficult decision to place a loved one in a nursing home. Being in a safe home at least will relieve the stress and burden of that decision. . You want to make sure the home rates highly and hasn’t had many violations.
Nursing homes are inspected annually, and also when there is a complaint. Inspectors typically work for state agencies paid by Medicare. They find deficiencies and rank them on their severity. In a Pro Publica database that records these deficiencies, there were 262,500 recent deficiencies.
Here are the 10 regulations most commonly violated by nursing homes and how often they are violated:
1. Facility is Free of Accident Hazards: 17,331
2. Facility Establishes Infection Control Program: 14,186
3. Provide Necessary Care for Highest Practicable Well-Being: 13,401
4. Store/Prepare/ Distribute Food Under Sanitary Conditions: 11,746
5. Develop Comprehensive Care Plans: 9,070
6. Services Provided Meet Professional Standards: 8,986
7. Clinical Records Meet Professional Standards: 7,962
8. Not Employ Persons Guilty of Abuse: 7,288
9. Drug Regimen is Free from Unnecessary Drugs: 7,040
10. Dignity: 6,605
Before deciding where to place your loved one, do in-depth research to see which nursing home is the best place for your family member. At Care patrol of Milwaukee, we can help you with the research and provide you also with alternatives other than nursing homes. Contact Care Patrol of Milwaukee for free information of Nursing Homes in your area of interest and for other alternatives.
Why Should A Family Utilize CarePatrol of Milwaukee?
1. Care Patrol of Milwaukee pre-screens and monitors many Assisted Living providers in their area and stays current on their recent state surveys.
2. Care Patrol of Milwaukee are local experts as we are visiting the care providers on a regular basis, enabling us to know which providers can actually deliver what they promise.
3. Care Patrol of Milwaukee works with independent retirement communities and in-home health care agencies.
4. Care Patrol of Milwaukee saves the family’s time. Time from visiting many independent retirement & assisted living communities that are not a good fit until they find the right one (this could take several weeks or longer).
5. Care Patrol of Milwaukee saves the family frustration by providing appropriate recommendations based on a customer’s needs. It is very difficult for an elderly person to move. Sometimes the family may make that difficult move to a community only to find out after 2 months that they need to move their elderly loved once again.
6. Care Patrol of Milwaukee saves the family money by being an advocate for the families who are at risk of falling prey to aggressive marketing techniques. Care Patrol of Milwaukee makes families aware of financial assistance programs, and helps them find a community within their budget.
7. Care Patrol of Milwaukee’s local experts can personally assess and tour with the family and acts as their advocate to help navigate the confusing maze of elder care options.
8. Care Patrol of Milwaukee can educate families on levels of care and licensure requirements on care providers.
9. Care Patrol of Milwaukee stays in touch with families after care services are in place to ensure a smooth transition and be an advocate for the family.
10. Care Patrol of Milwaukee services are always FREE to families.
Contact William Smith ( 262) 344 4387 or Jeff Kelling ( 414) 559 1106 for further details about Care Patrol of Milwaukee
About Care Patrol of Milwaukee
Families looking for Assisted Living in Milwaukee usually do not start their search in hopes to find the assisted living facility with:
◾The most citations or violations
◾The worst care history or
◾The highest staff turnover
But that is exactly what can happen when you request a list of assisted living facilities from other websites.
After all, with those other websites, you are dealing with a computer program, not a professionally certified senior care consultant.
We know that you expect and deserve more. That’s why Care Patrol of Milwaukee looks beyond the chandeliers and fancy lobbies and focuses on each community’s care history.
Pre-Screened, Quality Checked and “Matched” For You.
Educating the consumer to Eldercare and the programs that are out there to assist and improve the quality of their life.
Care Patrol of Milwaukee monitors assisted living facilities based on their latest state surveys.
A telephonic discovery will be completed, and then one will match one’s needs with homes, communities or in home care services that have scored the highest in the area.
Care Patrol of Milwaukee only recommends the highest scoring options that meet your geographical, financial and care needs. We then personally escort you, if desired, to the assisted living options to be your advocate and to negotiate the best price for you.
After placement, there is 90 day follow-up to assure a smooth transition